Do I Really Need Legal Representation?
While you may be wondering whether or not you truly need a lawyer, now is an extremely crucial time and requires the counsel and experience of a proven legal professional. Attorney Tsigler is passionate about helping clients obtain positive results. As an asylum applicant, you want to ensure that you are thoroughly prepared for the asylum interview and have submitted all necessary documentation and paperwork.
You can retain an immigration lawyer to help:
- Assess whether or not you are considered eligible for asylum under the law
- Provide counsel on any obstacles or challenges you may face
- Go over your declaration to ensure it truly reflects your need for asylum
- Ensure all proper information has been provided to the asylum office
- Make sure your application is submitted in the best format for review
- Provide additional supporting documents and report through research
- Help you and any family members or witnesses prepare for the interview process
- Participate in the interview process and ensure your rights remain protected
- Provide additional information to the officer about your asylum case if necessary
- Submit a memorandum of law summarizing your case following the interview
In addition, an attorney can help you complete the next steps should you be granted asylum in the U.S. From basic assistance with documentation to prepare for your interview to attentive counsel and guidance on any changes to immigration laws, a legal advocate can be invaluable during this time.
Don’t go through the complex asylum process alone. Contact our New York immigration lawyers today at (718) 427-9932.