Why Choose Us
  • We Offer Payment Plans

    We make it affordable to get legal services


" They did an amazing job "

Rushe L

free consultation

New York – NYC – G-1 visa lawyers

Are you traveling to the U.S. as a principal representative of a recognized foreign government to work for an international organization? At Raiser & Kenniff, our team of boutique NYC-based immigration attorneys have decades of combined experience handling a wide variety of visas and dealing with the complications that often arise when navigating the complexities of the immigration system.

Whether you’re here looking to learn more about G-1 visas and gain insight into the immigration process or find an experienced immigration attorney to handle the process for you every step of the way, we can help.

What is a G-1 Visa?

According to the Immigration and Nationality Act, a G-1 visa is “a designated principal resident representative of a foreign government recognized de jure by the United States, which foreign government is a member of an international organization entitled to enjoy privileges, exemptions, and immunities as an international organization under the International Organizations Immunities Act.”

In addition to principal resident representatives, the staff and immediate family members of such representatives also qualify for G-1 visa status.

Qualifying for a G-1 Visa

To be eligible for a G-1 visa, you must be a designated representative of a recognized foreign government or the member of a recognized international organization, such as the International Monetary Fund, United Nations, Organization of African Unity, and so on. It’s important to note that you may still be eligible for a G-1 visa even if you’re a national of another foreign country other than the one in which you reside.

G-1 Visa Limitations

When entering the U.S. on a G-1 visa, you are only allowed to perform duties in relation to the international organization you’re representing and must conform to the agreements designated under the International Organizations Immunities Act.

How Long Can Someone with a G-1 Visa Stay in the U.S.?

If you enter the U.S. with a G-1 visa, you’re allowed to stay indefinitely as long as your G-1 status continues to be recognized by the Secretary of State. You are also not required to have a foreign residence you intend to return to if staying in the U.S. on a G-1 visa.

Applying for a G-1 Visa

When applying for a G-1 visa, you must submit the following:

• Completed Nonimmigrant Visa Application (Form DS-156)

• A valid passport able to be used for U.S. travel with an expiration date at least six months after your intended date of departure

• Two 37mm x 37mm photographs per applicant. A light background must be used and your entire face must be shown.

• Letter from the international organization stating the validity and purpose of your stay

While these are the basic application requirements, the consulate may require additional documents for verification purposes.

Are Dependents Eligible for a G-1 Visa?

Yes, the staff and immediate family members of the principal G-1 visa holder may accompany him or her under the same G-1 status. Personal servants and attendants, however, may accompany G-1 visa holders in the U.S. with a G-5 visa.

Due to the complexities of the U.S. immigration process, many choose the representation of experienced immigration attorneys to help them navigate the often murky waters. Raiser & Kenniff can handle everything for you and help obtain G-1 visas for the following individuals entering the United States:

• Principal resident representatives of foreign governments recognized by the U.S. to perform work for international organizations, such as an international mission, the United Nations, Organization of American States, International Monetary Fund, and the Organization of African Unity.

• Immediate family members of the principal resident representative

• Accredited staff members of the representative

Why Use the Expert Services of Raiser & Kenniff?

The immigration and visa process can be a complicated and time consuming affair. With our expert legal services, however, you can sit back and relax while our talented and dedicated staff of experienced immigration attorneys accurately prepare and submit your visa application and accompanying paperwork, answer any questions you may have, help you prepare for your USCIS or Consular interview, coordinate all government correspondence, and more.

Our uniquely effective boutique NYC immigration law firm has over 75 years of combined experience handling a wide variety of immigration cases. Over the years, our excellent team of experienced immigration attorneys has developed a strong reputation for providing not only first-class concierge customer service but results in state and federal courts as well.

At Raiser & Kenniff, our goal as NYC immigration attorneys is to help our clients achieve the legal outcomes they want. We have diligently handled many immigration cases and pride ourselves on delivering great outcomes with each and every one.

Whether you’re having difficulty obtaining a G-1 visa or would simply like experienced immigration attorneys to handle the process for you, our team of legal professionals will provide you with the expert advice and legal services you need to successfully navigate the often complex immigration system. We offer free consultations to anyone looking for assistance, so give us a risk-free call and let us help you with your G-1 visa today!

Call Now.