Why Choose Us
  • We Offer Payment Plans

    We make it affordable to get legal services


" They did an amazing job "

Rushe L

free consultation

New York – NYC – G-2 visa Lawyers

The G-2 visa is intended for those not intending to immigrate to the United States. It is a diplomatic visa that many find themselves applying for when they are working as accredited representatives of a foreign government and intend to come to the U.S. to work in an international organization. Family members of these representatives also qualify for G-2 visas.

Qualifying for a G-2 Visa
In order to qualify for a G-2 visa, you need to provide the necessary paperwork, including a DS-156 form and passport photos. The G-2 visa is typically designated for military officers tasked with peacekeeping duties, World Bank attendees and other accredited representatives of foreign organizations.

Foreign organizations covered by the G-2 visa include United Nations, South Pacific Commission, Commission for Labor Cooperation, International Committee of the Red Cross, and more.

Not sure if you qualify for a G-2 visa? It may be time to consult with a lawyer and see what you need to do to ensure that you and your family members fulfill the requirements for the visa. If you wish to renew any visa, your attorney can also ensure you meet the standards.

Application Requirements of the G-2 Visa
The G-2 visa comes with an indefinite length of stay in the United States, so long as your status is consistently recognized by the Secretary of State. You are not required to leave the country so long as you are fulfilling the duties you have taken on. Additionally, you do not need to apply for an extended stay.

You will be allowed to bring immediate family members and personal attendants on the G-2 visa; however, they are not allowed to work during their time in the country. On the other hand, they may take up part-time or full-time study. Eligible family members include spouses and unmarried children, through blood or adoption. Other family members may be eligible, and consulting with an immigration attorney can help you determine if yours are qualified.

No interview is required for the G-2 visa, although other visas do often require interviews before the visa application is accepted. A Consular Officer may request an interview in special circumstances, however. Additionally, you will not be required to submit fingerprint scans as you might with other types of visas. Overall, the G-2 visa has less stringent application requirements than others.

How to Apply for a G-2 Visa
In order to apply for a G-2 visa, you must first complete the Form DS-157, which is a nonimmigrant visa form. If you have an attorney, they can help you better understand the application process as well as how to complete the form properly. This application is available online, but you may also choose to submit paper documents via the mail.
You also need a passport that is valid for travel to the United States with at least six months of validity passed the date at which you intend to stay. In addition, you will need to include two photographs at 37 x 37 mm, each one showing your full face and head on a light background. The photos must be clear, and visiting a professional location for the photos may be your best bet.

The international organization you are going to be working with also needs to provide a letter requesting service in the United States. This is a diplomatic note that will provide insight to the reasons for the temporary stay. Your lawyer can look over your paperwork to ensure that the letter fulfills the requirement.

Additional documents are often required for visa applicants, and you may be notified if the visa office would like more information. Qualified immigration lawyers may have a better understanding of these additional documents as well.

Waiting for Answer
You are likely to receive word that your application has been accepted or rejected soon after submitting your paperwork. In fact, it often only takes one business day for officials to approve if you submit your paperwork online. Of course, approval times may vary.

There are many reasons your application could be rejected. For instance, you may not have provided all the necessary information. Criminal charges can also prevent you from receiving a visa. If you do find that the government has denied your visa application or application renewal, it is wise to consider seeking counsel from a lawyer who can help you make the next decision.

New York City G-2 Visa Lawyers
Applying for a G-2 visa is not always simple. In fact, it can be emotionally taxing if you do not know what to expect. Hiring an NYC G-2 visa lawyer is a smart idea, especially if you are a professional representing a foreign organization or government. Your lawyer will help ensure that you qualify and that you understand all the required documents included along the way.

Call Now.